Thursday, August 6, 2009

Days 1,2,3

Day 1 - got started with our reading lesson way too late with a way too tired little boy which resulted in tears, his, not mine, but I was close. Let's just say it was the perfect first day to completely wipe out any fantasies I had about the perfect little mother with the perfect little boy and the wonderful way every day of homeschooling would turn out.

Day 2 - Actually started schooling around 10 a.m. and there were no tears. I considered the day a success.

Day 3 - didn't start school until 11 because of an unplanned interruption, but had fun with the both of them during our together time. We start the day with prayer, and the Pledge to the Flag, and counting, and a Bible story read aloud, and singing. Katie loves when we sing songs. Joey is so proud that he can count to 70. Later, I read The Cat in the Hat and felt happy. I know this is the very small beginning of a very long road, but I think I will like it. In reading we have completed the lessons of the short-vowel sounds of a, e, and i. Joey has a hard time remembering the short-vowel sound of e. I am so glad I am the one who gets to help him figure out this crazy phonics business.

No comments:

Post a Comment