Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 3

I'm already playing catch up here. Arg. Here we go, week three:

We moved through the lessons of the sounds of consonants B, C, and D, which he already knows, but I figured a good review wouldn't hurt, and the lessons are very short. I started a consonant chart inside of a manila folder where Joey is writing the object that corresponds to the letter sound in our little consonant rhyme (we are using The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading). We continue to review the short vowel sounds every day.

I have a math workbook, the kind that you would buy in a drugstore in the educational workbook section, that was given to me. I started working through it with Joey because I still haven't ordered my Saxon 1 workbook, and because Joey likes doing workbook pages. He completed around 30 pages last week, and we will probably be done the book this week.

We worked on memorizing the first part of 1 Peter 3:8, compassion being the key word of the week. It was the first time I used a dictionary with Joey to read a definition of a word. He thought it was rather neat, and has since asked me to look up other big words. I would have never predicted that.

Friday, Mom-mom was over again, with hours of crafting, and I am wondering if I can just call that a day of school, since it really is one big art class:)

So that was last week in a a nutshell. We are moving forward, and that was what I was hoping for. I am still working on exactly how my day needs to be scheduled to best accomplish all its tasks, but I suppose that will always be tweaked here and there.

Hope your week is lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment