Thursday, August 20, 2009

this day

Today was void of any phonic lessons since we went out in the morning, so after lunch we did some math workbook pages. Yesterday Joey did about twenty pages and loved it. Today he did four and told me he had enough. He was tired and I was tired, so we were done.

I know there will be days when we have to push through and get done what needs to be done, but today wasn't that day. Later he was lining up and counting the tomatoes he picked from the garden. And a few minutes after that when he was creating a boat out of construction paper and tape. And then he was drawing a picture of himself saving Katie from a snake in the middle of a jungle, and I was glad to be homeschooling.

Counting, cutting, creating, drawing, imagining. He is learning. I am learning. I love that we get to do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment